lordsawar-discuss

[Lordsawar-discuss] Bug in translation

From: Mecatxis
Subject: [Lordsawar-discuss] Bug in translation
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:40:13 +0200

Hello

I'm working on the catalan translation of Lordsawar.

I found a problem when trying to translate the "Cancel city bonus" sentence. The full translation would be "Cancel·la la bonificació de ciutat", but I get the following error when opening the "Army bonus" window:

(lordsawar:26691): glibmm-CRITICAL **:
unhandled exception (type Glib::Error) in signal handler:
domain: g_convert_error
code  : 1
what  : Invalid byte sequence in conversion input.

It seems to be caused by two separate reasons:
1) Using the "middle dot" character in the translation.
2) The translation being too long.

If I use an abbreviated version of the translation ("Cancel·la bonif. de ciutat"), the error still happens. If I avoid using the middle dot ("Elimina la bonificació de ciutat"), the error still happens. It only works when using a translation like "Elimina la bonif. de ciutat", but it's a very artificial translation.

How can we solve it? It looks like a bug to me.

Thanks!