lout-users

words run into each other!

From: Lale Shripad S-INDIA
Subject: words run into each other!
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 94 16:52:54 +0100

I have designed a simple document with just one para of 5 lines.
All the settings of lout are default as in the distribution,
EXCEPT the font. I have put the Bookman base 10pt font.
When I produce the output, I find that 60% of the words are run
into each other as if they are squashed up in too little space.
The edges are ragged in spite of 'InitialBreak { adjust ... }'

Interesting fact is that this happens ONLY for the Bookman or
the Chancery font!! Not for any other.

Food for thought guys!!

| Shripad Lale          |Internet: address@hidden |
| PSE-LT4, Siemens AG   |Phone: (+43-1) 601 71 - 5989          |
| Gudrunstrasse 11      |Fax:   (+43-1) 601 71 - 6399          |
| A-1101 Vienna AUSTRIA |                                      |