lout-users

MSDOS static

From: Blake McBride
Subject: MSDOS static
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 1995 15:35:07 -0600

spite of the fact that, in addition to DOS, I have, love and use Linux
(unix), I have a few points I'd like to share.

1.  Many of us don't have much of a choice as to what OS we use due to:

        a.  The dictates of our job
        b.  The available application software choices
        c.  The expense of hardware
        d.  The complexity of various OSs

2.  In spite of DOS's limitations, there are more jobs available programming
    for it and more money to be made on it.  (Please don't agrue this point
    unless you are either tremendously nieve or ignorant.)

3.  In spite of DOS's limitations it does the job that many people need.

4.  What other OS can be installed by someone who knows virtually nothing
    about computers?

5.  What other OS can fit on a floppy (including all its utilities)?

My point is that in spite of DOS's limitations and my lothing for its
lack of capability, it feeds my family, has done so for more than ten
years, and I would rather not look a gift horse in the mouth.

I respectfully request that we just call it DOS...

Thanks.

--blake

--
Blake McBride                           (615) 790-8521  voice
3020 Liberty Hills Drive                (615) 791-7736  fax