lout-users

Trouble Compiling Lout

From: Russell Todd
Subject: Trouble Compiling Lout
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 95 17:15:04 EDT

Hi,

I downloaded lout.3.06 and tried to compile it on my SPARC 10 running
SunOS 4.1.3.  When I did I got the following error message:

   ./externs: 33: Can't find include file stdarg.h
   Compilation failed
   *** Error code 2
   make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `z01.o'

I checked /usr/include and, sure enough, stdarg.h isn't there (probably
due to the fact that our Sun C compiler isn't ANSI C).  I tried using
GNU C but it ended up dying on a file where it said something wasn't
defined.  Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can get lout to
compile?

Many thanks,

-Russ Todd