lout-users

Complex headers

From: Philip Malin
Subject: Complex headers
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 14:00:48 +1000 (EST)

Hi all.

I hope this isn't a too obvious a question.  I'm very new to lout and am
in the process of converting a document previously written in LaTeX.  The
document has a table in its header where one specifies the document title,
author, revision no, etc.  The question is, how exactly do I go about
doing this in lout?  I tried looking in the User manual but didn't see
anything about fancy headers.  Is there an easy way to do this or will I
have to invest energy into learning about the details of lout?  (Not that
I mind doing this, as I plan to anyway, but I just wanted to get something
up and running quickly.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

p.s.  Lout is incredibly refreshing after trying to do some low level
programming in TeX!

----
Phil Malin, Senior Systems Engineer    |   |   For each one who asks
Research & Technology, Melbourne IT    | --+-- receives; and he who
207 Bouverie St,Carlton,Australia 3053 |   |   seeks finds; and to him
ph:  +613-9344-9379                    |   |   who knocks it shall be
fax: +613-9347-9473                    |       opened.  Mat 7:8