lout-users

Re: problem with merged index entries

From: Albert Kinderman
Subject: Re: problem with merged index entries
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:24:42 -0700

I made up a similar test to Thorsten's.  When run on lout 3.21, the
index contains two correct entries:

first page, 1,2
last page, 2

When run on lout 3.24, the first entry contains only the reference to
the first occurrence:

first page, 1
last page, 2

Something changed between 3.21 and 3.24 to introduce a bug (unless the
difference is in how lout compiles on different operating systems).

@SysInclude { book }
@Book
        @Title { A Reference Test}
//
@Chapter
        @Title {Testing References}
@Begin
This is the first page.
first @Index {first page}
@NP
This is not the first page.
first @Index {first page}
@LP
This is the last page.
last @Index {last page}
@End @Chapter

Al

--
Albert Kinderman      Department of Management Science
       California State University, Northridge