lout-users

Re: ContentsPlace problem

From: Sébastien Pierre
Subject: Re: ContentsPlace problem
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:45:10 +0100

Le lundi 17 décembre 2001, à 04:00 PM, Samuel Lacas a écrit :

Well, this should work (though I did not try it):

@SysInclude{doc} # or may be @SysInclude{dsf}
@Use { @DocumentSetUp @MakeContents { yes } }

Well, have a look at the files LOUT-SOMEWHERE/include/doc and
LOUT-SOMEWHERE/include/dsf (the first one includes the second), where
some parameters of the document setup are defined.

Your error simply means that you have somewhere definitions that try
to generate entries in some table of contents, which was not defined.
Translated in "lout jargon", this means that you have some galley
targeted at a receptive symbol "@ContentsPlace", which does not appear
in your file, thus the message. @ContentsPlace is defined in "dsf",
line 2176, and tracking it all along the file reveals that there is a
@ContentsStuff symbol in the @DocumentSetUp supposed to contain the
TOC, if any. I hope I'm not too confusing here, and my words make
sense :)

Well, I still have not managed to do anything. I have copied the "doc" file and renamed it "smallDoc.lcf", where I have changed "MakeContents" from "No" to "Yes", plus other small changes (fonts, headers, footers).

Making a SysInclude from dsf does not work, SysInclude for doc does not complain because MakeContents is disabled by default.

My problem is still the same: I do not know what tag I have to put to make lout generate the table of content at a specific place in the document and stop to complain about "ContentsPlace...". I have tried @ContensPlace and @ContentsStuff, but lout say that these symbols are either "unknown or misspelt", which may also mean I have put the symbols at the wrong place.

Thanks Samuel for your help, let's hope we'll manage to solve this :)

 -- Sébastien.

--
«My friends says we're like the dinosaurs, only we are doing
ourselves in much faster than they ever did.»