lout-users

Re: DropTagItem and Line Breaking

From: Giovanni Zezza
Subject: Re: DropTagItem and Line Breaking
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 12:51:10 +0200

Il Tue, 7 May 2002 11:51:07 +0200, Ludovic Courtès scriveva:

>The same problem occurs with sections and section titles: you can get the
>section title at the bottom of a page and its body on the next page
>(orphan/widow) which does not look good.
>
>Would there also be a way to make it unbreakable?

I don't know about the lout way to fix this, but I'm inclined to think that
the only truly aesthetically satisfactory orphan/widow control is changing
the text of the document. Otherwise, you'll end inexorably with a bad
distribution of white.

Of course, changing the text isn't a satisfactory solution, too.

Ciao.