lout-users

Paragraph wanted rather than long line

From: Barrie Stott
Subject: Paragraph wanted rather than long line
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 18:28:34 +0100

I have several occurrences of something like the following in my
text:

        //.5v font @FF face

together with the definition for @FF which prints a fixed paragraph
using the font and face given. This works without problem.

        def @FF
                left fontname
                right face
        {
                { fontname face size } @Font { fixed paragraph of 6 lines, say }
        }

It turns out that the vertical spacing at the start is always //.5v so
I would like to put it into the definition. Unfortunately, when I do,
I get a long line instead of the paragraph. I've tried all the
variations I can think of without any success.

If anyone can help, I'd be most grateful.

Barrie.