lout-users

Re: Proportional fonts

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: Proportional fonts
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 03:03:14 -0400 (EDT)

[ On Thursday, July 31, 2003 at 20:52:41 (-0400), Reimer Behrends wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Proportional fonts
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 07:38:43PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [...]
> > I'm not an HTML expert, but:
> >
> > "<br/>" is an invalid tag.  It should indeed be just "<br>".

I don't have any XHTML browser.  :-)

> My understanding is that it
> is done this way so that you can switch the doctype to be XHTML
> without anything breaking.  The downside is that older browsers don't
> like it.

Usually When I publish information via HTTP I want it to reach the
widest possible audience and that means using the lowest common
denominator of HTML syntax to mark it up.

Personally I don't really see any need for anything beyond HTML-1.0 for
something like the lout web pages....

Accessability should be the rule, not the exception.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <address@hidden>
Planix, Inc. <address@hidden>          Secrets of the Weird <address@hidden>