lout-users

AFM file warnings

From: Colin Klipsch
Subject: AFM file warnings
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:51:58 -0400

Greetings.

I have a PFB font file and corresponding AFM file that I've installed on my local system, and have incorporated into my Lout configuration. My Lout document defines and uses the font just fine, and text that's in this font appears correctly in my output file.

So basically, things are working well. However, Lout spews out hundreds of warnings when it parses the AFM file, all of them looking like this:

../Inc/moreFonts.ld:73:35: non-contiguous kerning pair f oslash in font file ../afms/GoudySans-Bold.afm (line 1235) ../Inc/moreFonts.ld:73:35: non-contiguous kerning pair r oslash in font file ../afms/GoudySans-Bold.afm (line 1236) ../Inc/moreFonts.ld:73:35: non-contiguous kerning pair v oslash in font file ../afms/GoudySans-Bold.afm (line 1237)

...and so on and so on. The warnings are all for 'non-contiguous' kerning pairs. Now, I know what kerning pairs are, but I don't know what a non-contiguous one could possibly be, and I don't know how to edit the file, or change the way I define the font, to soothe Lout's concerns.

Can anyone help?

-- Colin K.