lout-users

Re: more than one space characters between the words

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Re: more than one space characters between the words
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:33:29 +0000

On Thursday 20 November 2003 03:56, Tatyana Alexeyev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having a problem to print a text into the
>
> table. It looks like it to much space between the
> words, sometimes.
>
> Is there are any parameters in lout can be set to
> modify the text so it will print only single space
> character between the words.

Looks like you are using justified text in your tables without
hyphenation. I'd try this:

@Tbl
    break { ragged } # Add this

If the problem is that the text contains too many literal spaces then
you need to do this at the top of your document:

@SysInclude { doc } # Or whatever doc type
@Document # Or whatever doc type
    @InitialSpace { tex } # Add this
//