lout-users

footnote numbering problem

From: Vincent Hennebert
Subject: footnote numbering problem
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:08:06 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem when I'm using several footnotes in the same page: when there isn't enough place for footnotes Lout prints a warning such as:
        326,41: 0.3c object too high for -0.0c space; will try elsewhere
and puts the footnote in the following page.
I'm OK with that but the problem is that it also restarts the footnote numbering and I'm ending with two words on the same page having the same footnote number:

        |--------

        |--------
        |¹ third footnote

Setting the @FootNoteThrough option to Yes does'nt change anything.

Is this a known problem ? Have I done something wrong ?
I'm using Lout version 3.29.

Thanks for any help,

Vincent