lout-users

Postscript BoundingBox ignored

From: Nathan Bell
Subject: Postscript BoundingBox ignored
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:15:48 -0700

I try to include the attached postscript file in a lout file, rotating to be portrait mode, and the %%BoundingBox seems to be ignored. Any text written out after the included postscript file is put using the original %%BoundingBox, and not a rotated %%BoundingBox. E.x. the file is ~700 wide by ~600. After rotating, lout will place text below 600 instead of 700. This results in text (the footer for the image) being placed inside the image.

I've tried converting the ps file to an eps file using ps2epsi, eps2eps, and convert, but none seem to fix the problem.

Is there a special lout directive that I can give that will recalculate the bounding box? Is there a better way to include the postscript file other than this:

{ 8i @Wide @Scale -90d @Rotate @IncludeGraphic { "box.eps" } }

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

ps. lout version in use: 3.17

pps. I couldn't attach the file, so it's located here instead:
http://www.actarg.com/lout/box.ps