lout-users

Re: Strange problem with @Label of @References inside @Tbl/@Table enviro

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Strange problem with @Label of @References inside @Tbl/@Table environment
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 08:15:10 +1100

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 01:51:42PM +0100, Volker Renneberg wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Lout (3.36) shows some strange behaviour when inserting a reference into
> a table. The necessary files are attached as well as the converted .PS
> output of lout. The following change has been made to "book":
>            @RefCiteLabels    { @Label        }
>
> There are two problems.
> 1) A citation made inside a @Table-environment does not make lout add
> the references-appendix. If you comment out the @Table-symbol and its
> parameters, @Tbl by itself works totally fine.

Not sure about this.  Two possibilities are (1) the table is being
moved to after the reference list and this is causing the connection
between the citation and the reference list to not be made.  The
solution is to make the document larger, with the table less close
to the end.  (2) You need to run Lout a couple more times before
looking to see whether the reference list is coming out.

If the problem persists in a document you really need I'll take a
closer look later.

> 2) Take a look at the references1.ld. There, the @Label content contains
> "ref1 et al. 2098". However, the rendered table just shows "ref1  al.
> 2098" without the word "et". Is "et" being used and replaced somewhere
> inside the @Tbl-environment?!

I haven't checked in detail but this has all the marks of the bug
documented in a footnote in Section 2.8 of the User's Guide.  Try
enclosing "et" in double quotes.

Jeff