lout-users

Re: Installing html2lout on Debian 5 (Lenny)

From: Mark Summerfield
Subject: Re: Installing html2lout on Debian 5 (Lenny)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:45:49 +0100

Hi Paul,

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:40:52 +0100
Paul Zarucki <address@hidden> wrote:

> When I try to use html2lout on Debian 5 I get the following error
> message
>
> Can't locate readonly.pm in @INC ...
> at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Lout.pm line 192
>
> Using cpan, I couldn't find a module called readonly.pm but did find
> one called Readonly.pm. I installed this and changed "use readonly"
> to "use Readonly" in Lout.pm but I now get this error message:
>
> "$AT" is not exported by the Readonly module
>   "Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/html2lout line 11
>
> Am I using the wrong "readonly.pm"? If so, where do I get the correct
> one?

I abandoned html2lout---and Perl---many years ago when I switched to
Python. I didn't even know html2lout was packaged for Debian (or for any
Linux distro).

I've attached readonly.pm (gzipped 3.6K); you could try putting that in
the same directory as Lout.pm and it might work.

I'd recommend finding or writing a new program to convert from HTML to
lout. (I haven't written one---what I'd really like is lout2html:-)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy