lout-users

Re: Lout user manual in plain text

From: David Duffy
Subject: Re: Lout user manual in plain text
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 14:02:28 +1000

On Tue, 7 Jan 2014, Lubos Pintes wrote:

Hi,
Today I played a bit and I built Lout for windows, using MinGW.
I tried to build the user manual in plain text, but that failed. I issued the following command:
lout -r5 -o lout.txt -p all
I was in the doc/user subdirectory of course. This command didn't work properly, only approx. 4000 characters were generated. What is wrong?

The user manual covers the various graphics features by using them rather intensively. If you remove the chapter on Graphics from the file "all" (ie delete the line "@Include {gra}"), lout -p then works successfully. It is aimed at rendering rather simpler documents (obviously any graphics are deleted).

Cheers, David.