lout-users

lout stopped working

From: Reinoud Zandijk
Subject: lout stopped working
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 10:08:39 +0100

Hi folks,

After having not used lout for some time I got a weird error now with files
that used to parse fine. I use "Basser Lout Version 3.40 (June 2013)",
compiled using NetBSD's package system.

-------
> lout Gemeente-leges-bezwaar.lout
lout:
        : unable to initialize collation
lout file "/usr/pkg/share/lout/include/lengths" (from "bsf" line 32, from
"doc" line 19, from "Gemeente-leges-bezwaar.lout" line 2):
   80,21: fatal error: exiting now (error in definitions)

-------

The start the .lout file is :

# Use the `doc' document class and its default style.
@SysInclude { doc }

I removed and reinstalled it but that doesn't alter anything. The compilation
warnings that are produced, mostly unused variables, dont look serious enough
to get this odd behavior.

Any idea as to how this can fail?

With regards,
Reinoud Zandijk