[Ltib] Ltib + Python

From: Tobias Simon
Subject: [Ltib] Ltib + Python
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:23:15 +0100 (MET)

Hello List,

I am new in this mailing list and want to say "hello" first to everybody
reading it.
My aim is to build "Python" into the root filesystem. I am using
ltib-6.2.2-sv. I found out that expat is needed by Python. This dependency is
ok and could be resolved, but then I tried to add "readline" but could not
find it in the menu configuration. So, I added it to
"config/userspace/packages.lkc" and "dist/lfs-5.1/common/pkg_map" (before
"Python") as well. libreadline compiled cleanly but the unresolved dependency
is still there:

error: failed dependencies:
        libreadline.so.5   is needed by python-2.2.1-1
        linux-gate.so.1   is needed by python-2.2.1-1

What's that linux-gate dependency? I read that linux-gate.so.1 is a
pseudo-shared object. Does anybody know how to get python working? I'm a
Python fan and would like to have it on my embedded system.

Regards,
--
Tobias Simon
senTec Elektronik GmbH