[Ltib] (more) LTIB on Gentoo

From: Frank Szczerba
Subject: [Ltib] (more) LTIB on Gentoo
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:28:12 -0400

I know this has been visited before, but ran into a few issues using
ltib on Gentoo that I didn't see mentioned in the archives, or in some
cases arrived at some slightly different conclusions about the fix for
these issues. My ltib is:

----
$ ./ltib --version
ltib 6.4.1 ($Revision: 1.228.2.8 $)
Copyright (C) 2004-2006 Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
This is free software; it is licensed under the terms of the
GNU General Public License, see 'COPYING' for the license.  There is NO
PURPOSE.
----

My first issue was the "libstdc++/libstdc++-devel" issue. According to
the package description in Gentoo, this library only applies to gcc 3.
If gcc 4 is being used there should be no need for it, so I did

        'libstdc++' => sub {
                        my $gver = get_ver('gcc-c++');
                        if (cmp_ver($gver, '4.0') < 0) {
                            my @f = glob('/usr/lib/libstdc++*');
                            return @f > 1 ? 1 : 0 ;
                        } else {
                            return $gver;
                        }
                },

with a similar change for libstdc++-devel (see libutils.patch,
attached).

I then fixed the rpm magic error discussed earlier (I see now that this
is actually fixed in the new ebuild, but it's not marked stable so I
didn't have it installed).

I then ran into another error in rpm-fs, this one due to the lack of a
"pfx" token in the spec file. I changed the regeneration of the spec
file in f_scdeploy() to not skip the %define and Prefix : lines if this
was not defined (see ltib.patch, attached).

The last issue I ran into, which was probably due to repeatedly running
ltib without cleaning out /tmp/rpm*, was due to f_buildrpms() clearing
$cf->{sn} if the package was already unpacked. I just commented out this
line and everything seemed to be ok (though I wonder if the $cf->{sn} =
$sn line is right as well).

Everything seems to build nicely now (well, at least the stuff I've
tried so far).

Hope this helps someone!

Frank