RE: [Ltib] ltib -m scbuild and the configure file

From: Peter Barada
Subject: RE: [Ltib] ltib -m scbuild and the configure file
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:54:27 -0400

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 14:26 -0400, Stephens, Peter A. wrote:
> OK guys.  Thanks for the help.  I was able to put my "Hello world"
> application through the entire packaging process, deploy the new
> package, run using the new image, and get what I expected when I ran
> "test".  I will change the name as Stuart suggested.  The name "test" is
> way too generic.
>
> I have not yet decided if I should comment out the "configure" line in
> the spec file or just include a dummy "configure" to preserve the notion
> of showing what can be put in place if needed.  I will probably do as
> PeterB suggested and just go the simple route in the end, but I will
> need a few minutes to consider if I might ever need "configure"
> capability and whether I will remember how to add it back in if I decide
> that I do.

If your "package" does not use configure, then don't create a dummy
configure - it will just make things more confusing.

You don't need to "preserve the notion" since template has the generic
configure line in it, and many packages (do a "grep -r './configure'
dist/lfs-5.1") use it.

Keep it simple...