Re: [Ltib] gcc package build fails

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] gcc package build fails
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 08:45:06 +0000

Hi Edward,

I should start by saying that building a candadian-cross gcc for the
target is something that is only known to work for a few selected
platforms (85xx), it was included as it may work for others too.  I will
in future be putting these kind of packages into a "hackers only"
selection as there is a probability for many platforms that they won't
build (as is the case here).

I don't have any of these ISO images.  Can you tell me which version of
gcc it's trying to build.  I probably won't be able to help much, but
I'll ask around (no promises).

BTW: why would you want a native gcc on an 8315, it's going to be much
slower than running a cross on a desktop machine?

Another though is that if I can't help it may be worth asking on the
cross-gcc list as this is likely a general gcc build issue.

Regards, Stuart