RE: [Ltib] Root owned files in the merge directories...

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: RE: [Ltib] Root owned files in the merge directories...
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:11:31 -0700

Hi Peter,

If this is for testing and not a production image and you don't mind
about security, and dropbear ssh is okay for you you can select
"use an insecure hackable RSA key" as shown here:

[*] dropbear ssh client/server
[*]   non-blocking random device
[*]   disable reverse host lookups
[*]   disable X11 forwarding
[*]   use an insecure hackable RSA key

If you need to use the full sshd, then you'll have to create the file in
your merge area owned by your uid and it must at least have read
permissions set.  This will not work properly for NFS (you'll need to
change owner/perms on the target), but for RAMDISK/jffs2 it will get
squashed to be owned by root.

Regards, Stuart