Re: [Ltib] Where is the U-boot source files under LTIB

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Where is the U-boot source files under LTIB
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:37:29 +0100

Hi Frank,

Are you using an ISO image from Freescale or using CVS from savannah?

If from Freescale, the sources will be in /opt/freescale/pkgs
(pre-downloaded).

However if you need a new package, or are using Savannah the required
source/patches will be downloaded from http://bitshrine.org/gpp to
either /opt/freescale/pkgs (Freescale) or /opt/ltib/pkgs (Savannah).
This are common areas shared by any number of users on a machine.

If you want to get the sources expanded and patches (e.g. the base+patch
set) for a package you can do this using:

$ ./ltib -p <pkg> -m prep

So in your case:

$ ./ltib -p u-boot -m prep

The sources are downloaded if required and unpacked into rpm/BUILD/...

Note: for convenience LTIB will allow you to capture your modifications
in rpm/BUILD/... by using:

$ ./ltib -p u-boot -m patchmerge

Please see: http://www.bitshrine.org/autodocs/LtibFaq.html for more
details.