Re: [Ltib] How to get device nodes into zImage?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] How to get device nodes into zImage?
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:13:28 +0000

Hi Ned,

Your kernel should be able to cope with ramdisk or cramfs (if you enable
via the config).  However I may have misunderstood (your layout issues).

Do you have to move away from NFS deployment now?  if you can wait I'll
try to figure out when I can put out the initramfs changes.  However
even if I do I fear they won't be what you need as we still keep the
kernel image and initramfs image separate (with the exception of some
Coldfire platforms I think).  Reading between the lines it sounds like
you want some scheme that has a single image with the initramfs combined
with the kernel?

I'm not sure how to move forward.

Regards, Stuart