Re: [Ltib] Building a external kernel using LTIB

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Building a external kernel using LTIB
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:39:59 +0100

Hi G,

For Freescale BSPs, you need to contact them for help. I can't recall what was in that version, but normally what you need to do (in recent versions and possibly that one) is to setup your kernel somewhere and then in "./ltib -c" select from the list of kernels " Local Linux directory build", from there enter the path for the kernel source and that should be it.

Regards, Stuart

G.Muruganandam wrote:
Hello,

I am using the LTIB that came with MPC8548 LSB.
I would like to build latest kernel that is outside the dir structure of
LTIB.

The kernel version is 2.6.27.18. I am able to build using Freescale provided
cross-tool. Now I wanted to use the LTIB to build this kernel.

Current LTIB version that I have ltib 7.2.1 (1.305)

I would like to know the steps to build external kernel using LTIB.
Pl let me know, if there is a pointer and docs.

Thanks
G.Muruganandam