Re: [Ltib] setcap/libcap2?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] setcap/libcap2?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:04:45 +0100

Hi Tom,

I've not come across that executable. The closest thing I can find is 'setpcaps' in libcap-bin (Debian), but I'm not sure if this is the one you mean. What you need to do is to locate the package containing the executable you want and then add that package to LTIB.

Regards, Stuart

Morrison, Tom wrote:
I am running a LTIB version from Freescale: ltib-mpc8572ds-20081218

I have a program I am porting to this rootfs that requires the tool: setcap

which it looks like comes from a package called libcap2. Is there a library

and/or package I am missing that will contains this functionality?

I am really behind an eight ball on this one…L

**Tom Morrison**
Principal Software Engineer

**EMPIRIX**
20 Crosby Drive *-* Bedford, MA* * 01730
*p:* 781.266.3567 *f:* 781.266.3670 *
**email:* address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>_
www.empirix.com <http://www.empirix.com/>