[Ltib] Upgrading Linux Kernel on EP885 Board

From: sagar kadam
Subject: [Ltib] Upgrading Linux Kernel on EP885 Board
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 12:34:04 +0530

Hi Stuart,

    I have been using EP885 Board (Embedded Planet)with Linux version2.4.22 which came along with the BSP for that board.Now I am thinking to upgrade the kernel to 2.6 i.e. the latest one or a bit of lower one but with 2.6.xx series.I googled a lot, also on the ltib related sites but didn't get something relevant to this board with the required kernel.
     Can you help me out in this with some solutions to my following questions.
1> What are the board level dependencies in the kernel which I will require to take care.
2> Will these dependencies directly port from 2.4.xx to 2.6.xx . If yes how and  if no why ?
3> Is there any documentation available, related to this kind of scenario? If yes where?
     I will be grateful to you, if you wil provide me some clue with this, and also I will let you know if I succeed in this by the mean time.
      Thanking you in anticipation

--
BR,
Sagar Kadam