Re: [Ltib] LPP shared site wide?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LPP shared site wide?
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 08:49:55 +0100

Hi Svein,

Yes, /opt/freescale/pkgs can be shared across all instances of LTIB (Savannah's CVS looks there too).

If you have 2 people working on the same package on the same machine, then each users instance is independent (_base_/rpm/BUILD/_pkg_), if you use LTIB's ./ltib -m patchmerge to capture changes, then the patch created has seconds time-stamp in it so that it's unlikely that 2 users will generate exactly the same patch name:

    # ensure his patch name is not already in the gpp
    my $pname = "$tok->{name}-$tok->{version}-$cf->{stime}.patch";

Regards, Stuart

Svein Seldal wrote:
Hello,

Is it correct to assume that the LPP storage area (/opt/freescale/pkgs) should be shared across multiple instances of ltib and for multiple users?

In case it is, how does this handle if two developers are working on the same piece of software (in respect of the LPP). I mean, both user's ltib scripts would as a part of ordinary development building overwrite each others patches in the LPP for instance?

- Svein