[Ltib] building cross-gdb issue

From: Andrea Galbusera
Subject: [Ltib] building cross-gdb issue
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 09:24:37 +0200

Hello,
I'm in the business of building a cross-debugging infrastruture for my
mpc5121 target. I'm using Freescale BSP version of ltib (ltib 8.1.2) but
relevant spec files look identical to cvs revision on Savannah.

Here it comes my question. Where is the cross-gdb binary supposed to be
available after running ./ltib and enabling the following options?

CONFIG_PKG_GDB=y
CONFIG_PKG_GDB_NATIVE_WANT_ED=y
CONFIG_PKG_GDB_CROSS_WANT_ED=y
CONFIG_PKG_GDB_XML_WANT_ED=y
CONFIG_PKG_GDB_SERVER_WANT_ED=y
# CONFIG_PKG_GDB_BUILD_DOCS is not set

I suspect the install stage in gdb-6.6.spec file is cleaning up the
cross-debugger after succesfully building it. Since cross-gdb is a
binary for the host system, what what is the suggested way to install it
on the host?

TIA

Andrea