Re: [Ltib] Qt on Freescale iMX 35

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Qt on Freescale iMX 35
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:32:57 +0100

Hi Svein,

I can only talk from past experience. Qtopia has in the past been one of the most difficult packages to get building. Its build system is "unique" and the worst problem is that failed builds can't be successfully restarted. So if you go ahead, expect it not to be easy.

Qtopia has also increased greatly in size over time, so if target footprint is of concern to you keep this in mind.

Regards, Stuart

Svein Seldal wrote:

Hi

We are using Freescale iMX 357 and we are going to use Qt.

I see from the ltib list that Qtopia v4.3.0 is found in the GPP. The developers in our office would want something newer, like Qt 4.5 or the upcoming Qt 4.6.

Does know if the porting job for Ltib/freescale of Qt to a newer version is a great undertaking? Anyone with experience on this?

- Svein