[Ltib] Enabling EPOLL in kernel (PPC 2.6.25)

From: B.J. Buchalter
Subject: [Ltib] Enabling EPOLL in kernel (PPC 2.6.25)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:52:05 -0400

Hi Folks,

I managed to get the libraw1394 package integrated and compiled with ltib for my target, and the test programs are put into the NFS image and I am able to run them. But they fail to connect to the FireWire driver because the kernel (or maybe glibc) is not supporting the EPOLL facility.

There is a kernel CONFIG for EPOLL under "General". With my initial kernel, it was turned off.

I have since reconfigured the kernel (./ltib -c and then select kernel configuration in the LTIB menu) and enabled CONFIG_EPOLL.

There are no complaints, and I see epoll.c get compiled, but it does not appear that the facility is available in my compiled kernel. If I do:

zcat /proc/config.gz | grep EPOLL

I get:

# CONFIG_EPOLL is not set

even though is shows as set in the Linux menuconfig menu and it also shows as set in the linux build directory .config file if I do a scbuild of linux.

I'm kind of stumped as to what to be looking at to resolve this.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA!

B.J. Buchalter
Metric Halo