Re: [Ltib] My "source" file is a binary, not a tarball or patch

From: Luis Felipe Strano Moraes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] My "source" file is a binary, not a tarball or patch
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:42:58 -0300

2009/7/29 Timur Tabi <address@hidden>:
> I have a plain old binary file that I need to have processed in a spec
> file.  I just want the file copied from PPP (or GPP or whatever) to a
> path in my local hard drive.  If I define the file as a "Source" file
> in my spec.in, LTIB and/or RPM thinks it's a tarball and tries to
> untar it.
>
> How do I tell LTIB to just grab a plain old binary file and place it
> in a local directory?

You can either create a package for it that only has an install section that
places this file on your desired location, or you can setup a merge dir for
ltib to put into your final image (which should be *alot* easier), search for
"   Can I add files to the target root file system without creating a package "
on the ltib faq:
http://www.bitshrine.org/autodocs/LtibFaq.html

--lf