Re: [Ltib] -m release and CVS ltib module

From: Andrea Galbusera
Subject: Re: [Ltib] -m release and CVS ltib module
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 12:17:29 +0100

Stuart,

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 10:31 +0000, Stuart Hughes wrote:

> * If you do use your own internal CVS, you should only have one CVS tree
> and use tags/branches for releases.  Using a alias to allow you to refer
> to "ltib" is probably the simplest approach.

I'm not expert in perl at all but... would not be possible to simply get
the module name from CVS/Repository file in our sandbox? You are already
testing the existence of CVS/ dir to understand what our CMS is, so it
does not seem to add too much constrains. Do you believe it is
reasonable/possible?

if(-d "$cf->{top}/CVS") {
 system_nb("cvs export -kv -d $dir -r $tag ltib") == 0 or return;
}

In fact the cvs command itself you are calling is already relying on
metadata files in CVS/, i.e. to resolv the repository location. No idea
why it is not doing the same with module names for cvs command executed
inside a sandbox (maybe asking to some cvs guru would clarify).

This is just an idea I got and wanted to share with you. Forget it if it
sounds stupid.

Regards,
Andrea