[Ltib] Spec file / Tag "Vendor" / Package found only if ".spec" added at

From: Franz TRIERWEILER
Subject: [Ltib] Spec file / Tag "Vendor" / Package found only if ".spec" added at the end of package name
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 15:18:59 +0200

Hi,

I prepared a new spec file and I am testing it.

The vendor tag is not required to be filled in, according to LTIB FAQ. That is why I let it blank. When I want to prepare my package through ./ltib -m prep -p <package> then rpmbuild stops because the field is blank.

Why ?

In addition to this, I must add ".spec" at the end of the package when I "prep" it, else rpm does not find it.

Why ?

Regards,
Franz