[Ltib] How to check linux header files availability before compiling ?

From: Franz TRIERWEILER
Subject: [Ltib] How to check linux header files availability before compiling ?
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:43:59 +0200

Hi,

My package Makefile needs to set gcc include path to the kernel headers (rootfs/usr/src/linux/include). I would like the availability of these files to be checked before gcc prints a cryptic error.

Is there a way of checking linux header availability before compiling? (my makefile is not generated by ./configure).

Must I specify this in the package dependencies?

Is there a LTIB parameter I can catch from the Makefile to set the path automatically ?

Thanks,
Franz