Re: [Ltib] slightly different kernel configs for subplatforms?

From: Gernot Hillier
Subject: Re: [Ltib] slightly different kernel configs for subplatforms?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 08:17:09 +0200

Good morning!

Thanks for the quick answer!

The approach of qs857s with the preconfigs is exactly the thing I have
now but wanted to avoid. It duplicates the complete defconfig and
linux-foo.config.

For qs875s, this approach seems to make sense, as the defconfigs and the
linux-foo.configs seem to differ substantially.

In my case, however, the linux-foo.configs only differ in three lines
and the defconfigs only differ in one line (namely the linux-foo.config
to be used).

So I'm currently wasting 47kB only to change three lines for one
subplatform.

Therefore, I was looking for a mechanism which would allow to specify
small deviations for a defconfig and/or a linux-foo.config without
duplicating it completely.

--
Gernot Hillier

Program "Open Source Platforms", GTF System Architecture & Platforms