Re: [Ltib] LTIB sudo check fails with Sudo version 1.7.2

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LTIB sudo check fails with Sudo version 1.7.2
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 19:50:34 +0100

Hi Joe,

I see the same format that you described on your email.  I'm guessing
that the newline was email client wrapping?

Anyhow I've attached my os11.2 output so you can see what I get.  The
test script I posted works on that machine, which reports the same sudo
version.  The NOPASSWD should not matter being on only the first
command, the regex just looks for this at the beginning.

The only other thing I can think of is that your locale setting is
something I'm not used to?

See if you can do some digging.  Failing that, send me your actual
output (redirect to a file in the same way I did) and I could try on the
machine I've got.

Regards, Stuart

Joe Hershberger wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Stuart Hughes <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I tried on OpenSuse 11.2 and it works fine for me despite the changed
>> format.  Do you have the latest LTIB? I can't think of anything else.
>
> The latest snapshot, not the latest CVS.
>
>> I've attached a test script you can try which is the test pulled out
>> from the current ltib, which works fine for me on OS 11.2
>
> The test script also fails on my OpenSuse 11.2, but reports no error
> on my OpenSuse 10 machine,
>
>> Another thing to try is to see if you can do:
>>
>> $ sudo rpm --version
>> and:
>> $ sudo /opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --version
>
> ~> sudo rpm --version
> RPM version 4.7.1
> ~> sudo /opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --version
> RPM version 4.0.4
> ~> sudo -V
> Sudo version 1.7.2
>
> When you run sudo -l on your OpenSuse 11.2 machine, do you see the
> same format that I described in my first email?  One thing I noticed
> on my machine that is a bit peculiar is that only the first command
> listed shows "NOPASSWD" even though it's configured the same way as my
> other machine.  And just like the other machine, all of the commands
> listed do work without a password via sudo.  Perhaps there was a bug
> in the listing format in sudo for a short time?  Is the output
> different between your ubuntu machine and your opensuse machine?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Matching Defaults entries for stuart on this host:
    always_set_home, env_reset, env_keep="LANG LC_ADDRESS LC_CTYPE LC_COLLATE
LC_IDENTIFICATION
    LC_MEASUREMENT LC_MESSAGES LC_MONETARY LC_NAME LC_NUMERIC LC_PAPER
LC_TELEPHONE LC_TIME LC_ALL
    LANGUAGE LINGUAS XDG_SESSION_COOKIE", targetpw

User stuart may run the following commands on this host:
    (ALL) ALL
    (root) NOPASSWD: /bin/rpm, (root) /opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm