[Ltib] Buildbot and LTIB

From: Peter Barada
Subject: [Ltib] Buildbot and LTIB
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:57:56 -0500

Stuart,
I'm using buildbot to help with continuous integration testing, and I'm running into a problem.

On the buildslave, I have it do an SVN update of the source, then execute "./ltib -b --preconfig config/platform/__platform__/defconfig" which works pretty well.

I've got a few problems I'd like to solve w/o using a hammer:

1) If someone updates a patch (but not its corresponding .spec file) it look slike a package isn't rebuilt.

2) I have packages that are left prepped (think kernel + hello_mod), and if the .spec/.patch file(s) for a package (kernel in this case) are updated, is there any way to force LTIB to remove the package source, and then run the %prep/%build steps?

3) How can I have LTIB forcibly remove rootfs and reinstall all the packages(I currently do "sudo rm -rf rootfs; ./ltib -e" on my development machine, but the "sudo rm" is what is causing problems as the buildslave only allows /opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm and /usr/bin/rpm to run).

If I could fix the above, then automating the build process becomes much simpler. I'm using LTIB 9.1.1 (yes its a year old), so if any of this is available in a newer version of LTIB, point me to it so I can back-port the functionality.

Thanks in advance!

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden