Re: [Ltib] Working with Freescale 8323

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Working with Freescale 8323
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 17:36:33 +0000

Hi Charles,

You should not be using -f, this means force and should (hardly ever) be
used.

If you changed something in the source tree, then the kernel should
rebuild.  All you need to incant is: ./ltib (or maybe ./ltib -p kernel
at most).  If it does not re-build after a change, then that's a bug and
with a test-case can be fixed (are you using any funky file system? or
options?)

So far as shell/make go, this can work, but it's advanced and you'd need
to mimic how the .spec file does the kernel build.  Probably much
simpler to let ltib take care of that.

Regards, Stuart