Re: [Ltib] updating Kernel image in MTD from Linux

From: Ablalimov
Subject: Re: [Ltib] updating Kernel image in MTD from Linux
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 13:23:08 +0600

We have 2 freescale mpc83xx boards. On both boards kernel partition isn't jffs2. I think it's a simple binary partition.

31.08.2011 23:38, Chris Westervelt

Has anyone worked out a mechanism that would allow one to re-write the Kernel MTD block with a fresh Kernel from inside linux?  If I try to mount this partition jffs2, I get lots of errors and an inevitable mount failure.

Chris Westervelt

Senior Product Development Engineer

Infrasafe, Inc.
12612 Challenger Pkwy
Suite 300
Orlando, FL
32826

http://www.infrasafe.com
Office:   (407) 926-6983

Mobile: (407) 595-7023
Fax:    (407) 857-1635

Notice of Confidentiality:
This e-mail communication and the attachments hereto, if any, are intended solely for the information and use of the addressee(s) identified above and may contain information which is legally privileged and/or otherwise confidential. If a recipient of this e-mail communication is not an addressee (or an authorized representative of an addressee), such recipient is hereby advised that any review, disclosure, reproduction, re-transmission or other dissemination or use of this e-mail communication (or any information contained herein) is strictly prohibited. If you are not an addressee and have received this e-mail communication in error, please advise the sender of that circumstance either by reply e-mail or by telephone at (800) 238-2686, immediately delete this e-mail communication from any computer and destroy all physical copies of same.