Re: [Ltib] where is the cpu type specified?

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] where is the cpu type specified?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:53:13 -0500

On 11/18/2011 05:50 AM, Lambrecht Jürgen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use an arm926ej-s. With gcc, there is the option '-mcpu=926ej-s'.
> For the moment, this is only specified in the linux config
> ('CONFIG_CPU_ARM926T=y').
> Is it not necessary to add '-mcpu=926ej-s' to the global compile options
> in ltib (CONFIG_TOOLCHAIN_CFLAGS)?
> (this is not done for imx27pdk, or for any imx platform)
>
> Kind regards,

Look in your platform main.lkc, you should see "config CPU" as a string
(w/no prompt making it a constant).

Befor you change your CPU definition, you'll have to track down all the
places where its used, both in .lkc files and .spec files.

What could be simpler is to look in config/userspace/toolchain.lkc,
specifically TOOLCHAIN_CFLAGS.  Depending on the toolchain selected it
will change the CFLAGS used by most packages.  You can add another
configuration bool in config/userspace/toolchain.lkc that defines
whether you are running on an arm926ej-s, and then use that bool to
decide whether to deffault TOOLCHAIN_CFLAGS with "-mcpu=926ej-s" or not
- be careful as you may need multiple permutations to handle all the
combinations.

Then the next time you run ./ltib -c you can specify the new flag (or
not) - and if you set things up correctly you'll see "-mcpu=926ej-s" in
CONFIG_TOOLCHAIN_CFLAGS in your platform .config file (as well as see it
used on packages that get built)...

No guarantee it will work, but give it a whirl and see what happens.
Worse case would be that you have to undo your changes and rebuild from
scratch to get back to where you currently are...

--
Peter Barada
address@hidden