[Ltib] Installing additional packages in target

From: Neven Boric
Subject: [Ltib] Installing additional packages in target
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:21:30 -0300

Hi,

Does LTIB support installing additional packages directly on the target board? I mean at runtime, after the image has been generated. As LTIB uses rpm during the image generation, maybe the rpm database is included in the target image and if I select the rpm package in the config phase, I can later use rpm to install additional packages? Of course, I'm assuming I have a RW filesystem. I'm asking because on a previous project we used package management to implement firmware upgrade. I believe it has several advantages over replacing the entire firmware image on each upgrade.

Regards
Neven Boric