[Ltib] Auto run fsck at boot

From: Todd Sampson
Subject: [Ltib] Auto run fsck at boot
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:18:33 -0400

Sometimes, if my target watchdogs and does not shut down cleanly, the next time it boots, there is a "stale file handle".  If I run fsck manually, it finds and fixes the problem.

My problem is: fsck is not being run at boot time on my partitions in /etc/fstab.

Example partition in /etc/fstab:
/dev/sda2 /hd/app ext2 rw,errors=continue 0 2 <- Shouldn't this '2' cause fsck to be run on this partition?

I always get the following message at boot time, even when the partition is "not clean":

Mounting filesystems
[   13.693640] EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended

It looks like the script: /etc/rc.d/init.d/filesystems is handling the mounting.

Can anyone tell me how to get fsck to be run automatically at boot time?

Sorry if this is a little off LTIB topic.

Thanks!
Todd

Particulars:
ltib 10.1.1 ($Revision: 1.68 $)