[Ltib] package preconfig check confusion

From: Mike Goins
Subject: [Ltib] package preconfig check confusion
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:14:04 -0400

I'm having a bit of an issue with understanding a bit of logic with
preconfig and dir builds.

A kernel is under dir build.
Kernel preconfig gets updated through version control.
ltib runs and outputs this:

Processing: kernel-3.9.11-mpc8377
Build path taken because: preconfig linux-3.9.11-mpc8377.config newer
than rpm, directory build,
checking if sources have been updated: no
goes to rest of packages without building the kernel.

It looks as if ltib detected that the preconfig is newer, but doesn't
force the re-build of the package, like dir build takes precedence
over preconfig.   I don't have PKG_KERNEL_FORCE selected, and thought
it a bit heavy handed.  Shouldn't the newer preconfig auto-trigger a
force rebuild?

It does appear that setting PKG_KERNEL_FORCE, would do it, but this is
such an expensive operation, when 99% of the time it is not needed
(I'd rather not trigger the kernel build counter unless something
actually changed).