[Ltib] utf-8 support in ltib for non-ASCII characters on I.MX6

From: Nikhil Verma
Subject: [Ltib] utf-8 support in ltib for non-ASCII characters on I.MX6
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:24:16 +0530

Hi All,

With glibc from LTIB toolchain for I.MX6, supported LANG and LC_CTYPE
is always POSIX.
LANG=
LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_PAPER="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
LC_ALL=

How can we add support for new language such as Japanese/Chinese?
I tried with few files which was named in Japanese/Chinese and it's
not displayed correctly ('?' mark displayed) on the screen.

I went through a lot of forum which suggests to set locale to utf-8
formats but I don't see utf-8 as supported locales on I.MX6 after
compiling through LTIB.
Please let me know if there any way to set locale to support UTF-8 using?
Is there any way we can install any other foreign language
package/support in LTIB?

I have been struggling to find a way to support foreign languages on
I.MX6 using LTIB and any help/suggestions for the same will be really
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.