lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] New buffer management code (fwd)

From: Zschocke, Florian
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] New buffer management code (fwd)
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 07:04:54 +0100

address@hidden wrote on Thursday, December 04, 2003 1:12 AM:

> I can imagine lots of other cases where someone using lwIP
> might need to
> perform extra work on allocation and free too, so providing
> generic support for it is a nicer solution than putting special
> case code everywhere.

I didn't fully understand what exactly our changes do but I'll have to say
that it does sound promising. In our case we don't use lwIP "standalone" but
integrated into a larger system which already has it's own buffer
management. So we had to create a mapping between lwIP buffers and our
buffers, not using the lwIP buffer space at all and mostly rewriting the
pbuf_ functions. I haven't investigated in how far your changes would apply
to our system but I'm sure that people could benefit from a buffer system
which allowed to easily integrate into an external buffer management in some
way.

Florian