lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] contrib/unix not 64 bit safe

From: lukem . lwip
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] contrib/unix not 64 bit safe
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:19:47 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Ian Wienand wrote:
> I have been playing with LWIP on IA64 and found that currently lwip
> makes some assumptions about type sizes, which is never good.
> Suggested patch attached.  I'm still learning and playing around, but
> at the echo example works at least.

Actually I've come across a lot more bugs than this. From memory, there
are several places which cast mem_ptr_t to a 32 bit integer, probably in
the buffer management code. Also, I've come across a few bits of code
which didn't work for obscure (possibly gcc/compiler-related?) reasons -
mostly they were bits of code that made assumptions about things being
16-bit.

After the SIGCOMM deadline this week, I'll be working on lwIP again, so
I'll try and submit the 64-bit cleanup work I've done on the devel tree.

--
Luke