lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP 0.7.1 released -- fixes two ARP bugs

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP 0.7.1 released -- fixes two ARP bugs
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 22:23:41 +0100

Jani,

> what branches are we going to use from now on for regular development?

HEAD

> I thought it was something like use HEAD from which we tag 0.X releases,
> than go on with HEAD and major bugfixes only go back to 0.X branch
> making 0.X.Y releases, then with other features in HEAD we make a
> 0.(X+1) and so on.

Yes, this is the exact plan.

For correctness: we _branch_ 0.X from HEAD at the moment we tag 0.X.0.

> For possibly disruptive changes each developer makes his own branch from
> which when reviewed they go to HEAD?

For grand changes, yes, we move into some kind of DEVEL branch. I can
think of two examples which I would can "grand changes":
- Integrate pbuf code with a memory pool model.
- Make lwIP fully multi-threading safe.

> what do you think of the above?

Yes, correct.

> I ask because I don't see the recent fixes for ARP neither in HEAD nor
> DEVEL. I also recall DEVEL had some minor changes vs HEAD last time I
> looked (copyright for 2004 among others)

I mistakenly fixed the bug in STABLE-0_7 whereas I should have fixed it
in HEAD first and merge it to STABLE-0_7.

Also, the DEVEL changes were done under the old scheme. I still have to
merge DEVEL into HEAD.

Will do that right away, thanks for seeing my mistake.

Leon.