lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] CVS HEAD broken

From: Ian Wienand
Subject: [lwip-devel] CVS HEAD broken
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:30:39 +1100

Hi,

I sent in a patch (more for discussion than inclusion) that seems half
applied in CVS HEAD now

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-devel/2004-02/msg00003.html

The alias.diff patch changes a struct to be a union to make aliasing
explicit, however, in the CVS tree it is changed in include/lwip/tcp.h
but not in core/tcp.c

It is a little hard to follow where this got merged in with the
different branches.  Seems like maybe someone was evaulating the patch
and has accidently commited the wrong file or something?

-i
address@hidden
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au

P.S
I am not trying to be a pain, but would the core developers be adverse
to using a more explicit GNU style changelog?

http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_42.html

I find a detailed changelog which specifies what files/functions
changed on what days by who to be *really* helpful a lot of the time
(especially for neophyte developers like myself).